The Development Manager oversees the fundraising program of Gorton Community Center. This position reports to the Executive Director. This is a part-time position (25 hours per week) with some evening and weekend hours.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with the Board/Committee Chair and Executive Director to formulate and implement goals, objectives and policies related to an overall fundraising program.
- Manage, with marketing and executive director, sponsorship program.
- Manage donor recognition with the Gorton Media Wall and an Annual Recognition list of donors.
- Manage the donor database and donor communication, including (with marketing) annual appeals and creation of annual report.
- Create and oversee the annual budget for the fundraising program.
- Create and oversee the annual calendar for the fundraising program.
- Attend various programs and events both within Gorton and around Lake Forest/Lake Bluff when necessary.
- Work with the Executive Director to create and execute plans for and writing and reporting of grants and corporate gifts.
Required Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills.
- Strong technology skills and a familiarity with CRM’s such as SALSA, Blackbaud or Raiser’s Edge, expertise with leveraging a CRM to expand a donor base.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Proven ability to work effectively on a team.
Required Experience and Training
- Bachelor's degree and experience in development
- Well informed knowledge of Lake Forest and Lake Bluff area
Email resume and salary history to Amy Wagliardo, Executive Director, at email@example.com
Marketing and Special Project Intern
Gorton Community Center is seeking a Marketing and Special Project Intern. The position is unpaid and available for 2016. Credit opportunites are available. The intern will work closely with Amy Wagliardo, Executive Director; Catherine Yehle, Program Director; Melinda Lister, Marketing Director, Ann Wildman, Special Events Manager, and Jamie Hall, Special Events & Film Manager.
- Write and design newsletters, press releases, and fact sheets.
- Write copy for print and online communications.
- Monitor social forums including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram and develop and implement new strategies for effectively engaging interested parties via electronic communications and social networks.
- Manage website content changes and maximize its connections.
- Manage Salsa, Gorton’s donor database
- Develop new strategies for direct mail communications.
- Keep electronic media content current and timely.
- Ensure all links to outside sources are active.
- Seek new opportunities to list information and increase Gorton’s web presence.
- Build Gorton’s presence on Facebook and LinkedIn through regular postings and interactions with users.
Please submit your letter and resume to Catherine Yehle, Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Substitute teachers are needed in The Gorton Children's Drop-In Learning Center
Teacher minimum requirements:
- Early childhood substitute teachers shall be at least 21 years of age.
- Teachers should have completed a Child Development Associate certification that is current or 60 college credit hours with 6 hours in Early Childhood Education.
- Applicants with 30 college credit hours and 6 hours in early Childhood Education plus 1 year full time experience working in a childcare facility are also accepted.
- Salary range: competitive and based upon education and experience
Please submit your letter and resume to Kristy Richardson, Gorton Drop-In Learning Center Director: email@example.com
If you are interested in volunteering at Gorton please click here.
Gorton Community Center is an equal opportunity employer located in Lake Forest, IL. All personnel decisions (including hiring practices, evaluation and working conditions, promotion and termination) are made without regard to considerations of race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental disability (except where related to ability to perform the essential functions of the job, in accordance with applicable laws) or other status protected by law.