Digital SLR Class
Date(s): 4/6, 5/4, 6/15
Time(s): 11:00am -12:30pm
Class Location: Gorton Community Center
Instructor: Corinne Torkleson
Minimum Number of Students 9
Dust off your digital SLR!
Join Corinne Torkelson at this hands-on, energetic class that will familiarize students to the basic workings of their cameras and build confidence shooting in the field. We will explore the topics of composition, exposure, and flash.
- camera menu shortcuts
- basic manual setting
- understanding of depth of field (aperture, shutter speed)
- targeting shooting automatic modes (ex. portrait, landscape)
- composition "rules"
- flash options
- focal point lock
- exposure compensation
- relationship between shooter and subject
- free applications for editing and publishing (ex. custom fine art books)
- recommended sites for uploading to share and publish
- suggested sites for continued online learning tutorials