The Gorton Community Center is currently "home" to ten area 501(c)3 organizations that benefit from reduced lease rates, shared public-relations, and co-location services. By offering a collaborative-creative working enviornment, Gorton Community Center helps our own nonprofits thrive and focus on their missions.
We have also supported over 100 other nonprofit groups with meeting and event venues, and offer collaborative space at reduced rates to incubate organizations until they are able to become self-sufficient. Benefits of these arrangements include access to administrative and program space and support in a highly-visible, well appointed, and easy-to-access public location.
Become a Resident Nonprofit
Become a Resident Nonprofit and enjoy the many benefits of having your operational or administrative home right in the heart of the Lake Forest community. Do what you do best -help others- and let Gorton take care of the rest. We offer many advantages to our Resident Nonprofts. Working with us, you will:
- Take advantage of below-market rental rates for office space, including normal utility costs
- Book your FREE conference room (monthly)
- Connect on free internet
- Buy an extra coffee with money saved with your free Gorton parking
- Plan an event to take advantage of your below-market rates for premier event and meeting space, including our 309-seat theater
Promote Your Cause
- Leverage increased social media and internet marketing presence in cooperation with Gorton Community Center communications
- Use street-side signboards to promote and advertise events
- Collaborate with other nonprofit organizations
- Share resources and calandars, plan joint events, brainstorm, learn and grow
Call (847) 234-6060 to discuss the opportunity to partner with Gorton Community Center as a Resident Nonprofit, or inquire here.