Planning Your Event
Our Event Coordinators are delighted to help you plan your presentation, meeting, or special occasion. Whether it's your wedding reception in the Stuart Room, a concert in the Auditorium, or a business meeting in the 1861 Room, the Gorton team will provide you with strong support and exceptional personal service to assure an outstanding event.
- What is your vision for this event?
- How many attendees are you expecting?
- What is your preferred date?
- What is your budget?
- Call Gorton's Event Coordinators to discuss your event needs and goals. Gorton staff will help you choose the most suitable rooms for your event.
- Schedule a meeting with a Gorton Event Coordinator to tour our facility and discuss your event details.
- Request and review your Gorton Rental Contract.
- Return your signed contract with deposit to confirm the space.
- Work with Event Coordinators to prepare your ideal room set up including making a floor plan and consideration of the need for technical equipment.
- If you are renting the Auditorium, our Event Coordinator will set up your consultation with our Audio/Visual Technicians.
- Discuss marketing opportunities with Gorton's Marketing Director.
- Email Gorton Marketing Director your logo/event details and copy for press releases
- We offer to post public event information on our website, Facebook page, local publications' calendar pages and place posters/flyers at Gorton.
- Clients may announce a public event on Gorton's signboards at the corner of Illinois and McKinley. Preferred sign makers are found on our Preferred Vendor List. Ask your Event Coordinator to reserve space for signboards.
- If you are serving alcohol at your event, a City of Lake Forest liquor license is required. Our Event Coordinators will provide the application.
- Do you need a caterer, linens, decorations, supplies, DJ, flowers, audio/visual technicians or other service? Find the best choices on our Preferred Vendor List.
Follow Up After the Event
- Gorton values your opinion. Please expect our Event Coordinator to contact you to review your event. Thank you for having your event at Gorton.